Over the fall of 2014 and the winter of 2015, UJA Federation started a conversation with Jewish Torontonians about the role that they want UJA Federation to play in strengthening the Jewish community of Toronto.
Click here to view UJA Federation of Greater Toronto’s Strategic Plan.
A special effort was made to reach as large and diverse an audience as possible- with over 400 in-person interviews and over 1300 online submissions. These consultations identified six essential community priorities which will be the focus for change over the next five years:
- Caring for the vulnerable
- Forging strong connections with Israel
- Advocating on behalf of Israel, the Jewish People and Canadian values
- Galvanizing the community whether in times of crisis or celebration
- Inspiring young generations to embrace Jewish life and to ensure a Jewish future
- Maintaining Toronto’s position as a leader in Jewish education
UJA’s commitment is to provide leadership and foster collaborative solutions that will make a profound impact on all six essential community priorities. UJA is accountable to the Jewish community and will report our progress in each of these areas through this section of the Toronto Jewish Community Performance Dashboard.